Electricity gets utilized in different ways depending on the season. People are partaking in new activities and most of the time, electricity gets used. Specifically, in the fall, people are getting outside, raking, trimming, and cleaning up their yards. While inside they are tidying up as well after a long summer of enjoying vacations and long trips. Here some of the more important safety electricity tips for the fall that will keep you, your family and your home safe.
- Unplug your battery chargers and store them if they won’t be used again until the spring.
- When the leaves start to fall, keep dry leaves swept away from outdoor lighting, outlets and power cords.
- If you haven’t yet, be sure to remove air conditioners. If they must stay in, make sure to seal them with caulking or tape.
- Reach out to a qualified electrician to be sure that your generator is installed. Standby generators are going to come in handy, very soon.
- Use your Halloween extension cords only on a temporary basis. These are not meant for permanent use, so after Halloween, put them away.
For any electrical help moving forward this fall, feel free to reach out to D. J. Richard Electric. We can be reached over the phone at 781-545-1256 or through our online contact form.